IMPORTANT! The OCTOBER MEETING will be held SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, following the sandwich making at around 1:00 p.m. at the Cross Keys Worship Center.
FUNDRAISER-Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches $3.50 each
Club members will meet at 8:30 am on Saturday, October 22, at the Cross Keys Worship Center to make the sandwiches. Orders can be picked up starting at noon.
Presale totals are due Monday, October 17! Please call or text Jennifer at 540-820-9763 with the number. Thanks!
IHCCof VA Chapter 41 Meeting, August 14, 2016
● An informal meeting was conducted before the picnic. Cynthia handed out copies of the
minutes from the June Meeting.
● Steve Kegley asked if we wanted to participate at Somerset in 2017. If we did we
needed to pay $100.00 to reserve the location we have this year for next year. The
members voted to participate.
● The members were asked if they wanted to do a fundraiser in October. The date
suggested was October 8, 2016. We would make BBQ sandwiches that were presold.
Tyrone would check back about the date. Also we would have the meeting on that
Saturday after we finished with the sandwiches. Members would be notified of the
fundraiser and the meeting.
● The Groggs asked about the club participating in the Creative Work Farm on Purple Cow
Road as we did last year. The date would be Sunday, October 9, 2016. There was a
motion made and seconded for members to attend and display items if they wanted to.
It was approved.
● News Letter email Winona with any information or interesting stories you would like to
have appear in the News Letter.
● Winona asked if anyone would be interested in taking charge of the auction for next
year. Please think about it.
● There was discussion about renting a stack of chairs for the Summer Show. These
chairs would be available for anyone to use inside and for the auction. Also, could we
get 4 picnic tables for outside by the food booth for use by anyone wishing to have a
place to sit and eat. A motion was made to get these from the Fair. It was seconded
● Kids ActivitiesGary Mitchell asked if we could have a signup sheet for help with Kids
Activities. There was a lot of participation in the activities.
● FoodCynthia reported that there was good feedback on the food vendors. Winona
suggested we write a Thank You Letter to the food vendors and invite them to participate
again next year.
● Winona suggested we put Tom Weaver’s name in our newspaper ad as he has quite a
following for his auctions. He gave us his state numberVA# 2367 as it is required to
be published with his name. A motion was made to give him free membership as he
does all our auctions. It was seconded and approved.
● It was suggested that the club reimburse David Seal for payment to the band that
performed on Friday night. They did not receive as much as they normally get for a
performance and he made up the difference. A motion was made and seconded. It was
approved. Bobby Menefee suggested the club be aware of costs, if any, before
entertainment is asked to perform.
● The Groggs invited the club to participate in the Fall Festival at Churchville on
September 24, 2016. International Tractors will be featured.
● Cynthia mentioned that most of the inquiries about advertising were from members or
word of mouth.
● The meeting was adjourned. The blessing for the meal was given by Tom Weaver.
June Club Minutes can be accessed below or by using this link.
IHCC of VA Meeting, June 12, 2016
● The meeting was called to order by Tinker Moats.
● The minutes from the April Meeting were read. A correction was made concerning the Tractor Games under Activities for the Summer Show. Bobby Menefee said he would help with the games instead of coordinating them. The correction was noted. A motion was made to accept the minutes with the correction. It was seconded and approved.
● The Treasurer’s Report was given. There is $2,914.11 in the checking account. The cost to the Fairground for the Summer Show is between $900.00 to $1500.00. Steve Kegley was not available to give the amount.
● The Advertising Report was given. A motion was made to set the budget at $500.00, but if more was needed to proceed with what was needed. It was seconded and approved.
● The Food Report was given by Joey Kline of J&J’s Bar B Que. Breakfast would be available Saturday and Sunday mornings. They will have hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork sandwiches and plate meals to include BBQ , Chicken and Ribeyes. There also would be drinks and snacks.
● Tyrone gave the report on vendors that had committed to the show. He is still working on other vendors.
● Kids Activities: Gary Mitchell will have general activities for kids in a designated area.
● Barrel Train: Jerry McDonald said the train would be ready for the Show. There was discussion about having a set area for the train to run so it would not interfere with pedestrian traffic.
● Set up Clean up: Bill Shaver and Berlin Zirk will coordinate these items. ALL HELP is needed with clean up.
● PA System: The system is still questionable, but will continue to look into it.
● Threshing and Baling Activities will be handled by Jerry McDonald.
● Auction: There are pictures of auction items on the website, Fairbook and Tom Weaver’s auctionzip.com. Winona said we still would like to have more items.
● :Vendor Spaces: There are still spaces available inside. Becky said she was talking to some people about being inside.
● There will be Kettle Korn and ice cream available.
● Relay for Life Team: Becky reported that Relay for Life made $10,000.00.
● Newsletter: Winnona said she still needed information for the Newsletter. Either email her or call her with anything you wanted put in the Newsletter. There will be information about the Summer Show in the Newsletter.
● Shuttle: There will be a golf cart available for transporting people if needed.
● The upcoming shows where our club will be represented are Berryville, Sommerset and Rockville.
● Jennifer said that yearly dues are due now.
● The meeting inside was adjourned to be continued outside for discussion of where displays were to be set up. Tyrone would make a map which would be available to the members.
● The meeting outside was adjourned.
Join us this Sunday for a brief meeting with a picnic to follow, starting at 5:30pm on August 14th.
Meat and tableware provided.
Bring a covered dish, drinks and chairs.
Loation: Shelter #3 (with bathroom) at
299 Will Lane
Join us at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds for our club meeting on Sunday June 12 at 3pm. We will finalize plans for the show. Be sure to bring your annual club dues.
IHC of VA Meeting April 9,2016
● The meeting was called to order by Tinker Moats
● The Board Meeting Minutes were read. A motion was made to accept the minutes as
read. It was seconded and approved.
● The Minutes from the February Meeting were read. A motion was made to accept the
minutes as read. It was seconded and approved.
● The Treasurer’s Report was given. The beginning balance is $1591.85. This was after
the taxes were paid on the purchase of the trailer and the title transferred. The rough
numbers from the Sandwich Fundraiser was $1500.00 . After expenses of $780.50, the
new balance was around $3000.00. An accurate total will be available at the next
meeting. A motion was made to accept the report as given. It was seconded and
● Old Business Tinker thanked everyone involved in the installation of the shelves in the
trailer. Thanks was also given to the Committee for the Newsletter. Everyone agreed it
was a very good Newsletter.
● New Business
● Jennifer asked about the reporting of new Officers and Board Members. This should be
included on the Annual Report. The club should pay the Franchise Tax and do the
Annual Report at the same time.
● Our next Meeting will be at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds on June 12,2016 at
3:00 P.M.. The Summer Show will be discussed further at that time.
● Discussion was had about the amount of money to be given to Relay for Life from the
auction proceeds. A motion was made to give 30% of the proceeds. It was seconded
and approved. A motion was made to give Relay for Life $300.00 at this time. It was
seconded and approved.
● Tinker asked if we wanted to have a picnic in August. Last year it was held at the
Grottoes Town Park. There is a fee to use the Park Shelters. It was suggested we could
have it at Bridgewater where there would be no fee. It was tabled for further discussion.
● A motion was made to donate $200.00 to the Crosskeys Worship Center for the use of
the building for our meetings and fundraisers. The money would be given to them at the
Christmas Dinner in December. It was seconded and approved.
● Joy McDonald asked members to send her new pictures for the web site. She asked if
members could send her pictures of implements at the gmail address at the club web
● Insurance for the TrailerThere was discussion about insurance for the trailer and
contents. The person towing the trailer is covered by their liability policy. The trailer and
contents is covered by the National Policy as long as it is at a sanctioned event. There
needs to be a business policy covering the trailer and contents going to and from
sanctioned events. A motion was made to have the president check about a policy. It
was seconded and approved.
● Committee Reports
● Auction Winona is now accepting items for the auction. If you have an item, either get
it to Winona or email a picture to her.so it can be put on the web site. Tom Weaver is
the auctioneer. The auction will be on Saturday, at our show at 5:00 P.M.
● AdvertisingCynthia gave the report of expenses for last year and kind of advertising
used. It was decided to use more radio advertising and Craigs List as well as well as the
newspaper ads and other publications. Flyers will be available for members to disburse.
It was suggested we ask people how they heard about the show. This would give us a
better idea of the use of our advertising.
● FoodThere will be breakfast available on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as
food available all day. Kettle Korn will be available and ice cream is still being
● Regular ActivitiesBobby Menifee said he could do tractor games. Also, if anyone had
any other ideas please discuss them with him. There will be a Kiddie Pedal Tractor Pull
and a parade on Saturday and Sunday..
● RegistrationIt was suggested we put where people are from on the registration paper
displayed on all entries at the show. Jennifer said we would be able to do this.
● Bobby said he would furnish trophies for the Kiddies Tractor Pull and get more pens.
● The schedule of events was read from last year. There will be a similar one for this year.
● There was discussion about having entertainment for Friday and Saturday evenings.
Joy McDonald said she would check into this. She also said she would check about the
PA System for announcements.
● Relay for Life ReportRelay for Life will be at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds on
May 6th starting at 6:00 P.M. If anyone wants to help contact Becky Seal.
● Tyrone thanked everyone for helping with the sandwich fundraiser.
● There was discussion about making hand held fans to give away as advertising at the
Summer Show.We will contact people about putting them together.
● As there was no other business a motion was made to adjourn. It was seconded and