Provided by Cynthia Shaver:
IHC Club Meeting February 14,2016
The meeting was called to order by Tinker Moats.
- The minutes for the December meeting were read. A motion was made to accept the minutes as read. It was seconded and approved.
- The Treasurer’s Report was given. The club purchased a 6X10 box trailer to store club supplies and transport items to the different shows the club attends. The cost was $1800.00. The club still has to pay taxes and transfer the title for the trailer. The current balance is $1907.75. A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s Report. It was accepted and approved.
- Board Members: Two new Board Members are needed. Tyrone Scott and Roger Baker were nominated. A motion was made to accept the nominations. It was seconded.
- Fundraiser The Board suggested April 9, 2016 as the day for the fundraiser. We will do sandwiches again. Tyrone will prepare the meat. The club members will meet at 8:30 A.M. on the ninth to prepare the sandwiches. The sandwiches will sale for $3.00. Jennifer needs to have the presale numbers by April 4, 2016. It was suggested we have the April Meeting on that Saturday at 12:30 at the conclusion of making the sandwiches. A motion was made to have the meeting on that date. It was seconded and approved.
- News Letter- The News Letter will be put out four times a year. Winona will be in charge of the Letter. Any information you would like to have in the Letter should be given to Winona by March 1, 2016 so she can get the Letter out by March 15, 2016.
- Shelves for the trailer-Berlin, Bill and Norman will make shelves for the trailer at Norman’s shop on March 12, 2016.
- Somerset donated three barrel cars for a barrel train.. The only stipulation was that when we were not using them any more we would return them to Somerset. The colors suggested for the cars were Federal Yellow, IH Red and Grey. The cars may need new tires. A motion was made to have Jerry McDonald use his judgement on painting the cars and fixing or purchasing new. It was seconded and approved.
- Two tables were donated to the club by Tractor Care.
- A letter was sent to Steiner for donations for the Summer Show. Steve and Cotton said they would donate plywood to the club.
- Relay for Life Becky said there were 25 members on the team. Relay for Life is May 6, 2016 at the Fairgrounds. Bring a chair and spend the night. It starts at 6:00 P.M.. Raffle tickets are available for the Pedal Tractor. Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. Anyone may sell Contact Becky at Relay for Life. Auction items for Relay for Life are needed by April 1,2016. Becky said she needed some buttons for projects.
- Summer Show July 8-10, 2016:
- Advertising: Cynthia Shaver
- Vendors: Tyrone Scott
- Kids Activities:
- Set Up: Bill Shaver, Berlin Zirk and Norman Puffenbarger
- Clean Up: As many people as necessary.
- Demonstrations: Tinker Moats and Jerry Mcdonald
- Bill and Berlin will break down a Cub. It was suggested we sell chances on the amount of time it would take.
- Auction: Winona Scott and Becky Seal
- They need two people to clerk and people to help handle items.
- Tables: The club will rent 50 tables from the Fairground. The board recommended club members pay $5.00 per table and other vendors pay $10.00 per table. There would be a sign up sheet for the tables. David Seal made a motion to limit four tables per vendor. If there were tables available, the vendors could purchase more. It was seconded and approved.
- A motion was made to feature engines and power units at the Show. It was seconded and
- A motion was made to have printed Tee Shirts instead of hats for the Show. The shirts would have the featured items and the Show date printed on them. It was seconded and approved.
- Jennifer will have the quantity and pricing at the next meeting.
- The Fairground is booked through 2020 for our Show After this year the Show will be on the fourth weekend in June.
- As there was no other business a motion was made to adjourn. It was seconded and approved.